|Eat & Drink Co.|
|Locations:||19 Moto sites|
|Associated names:||Caffe Ritazza|
|Predecessors:||The Fork in the Road, Fresh Express, Granada Country Kitchen Restaurant|
|Successors:||Arlo's, Ernie's Fish and Chips, Greggs, Harvester, M&S Simply Food|
Eat & Drink Co. is Moto's self-branded alternative for people who don't want fast food. It was re-branded in 2008 from Fresh Express, and like all its predecessors it claims to go without the typical service station scenarios of low-quality food.
Both EDC and the old Fresh Express offer a 'No Quibble Guarantee', and offer 'pick and mix' facilities for children.
Under the Granada days, Fresh Express was very poorly ranked for its food quality, with critics calling for it to be investigated "as a matter of urgency".
Some sites also include Lavazza Coffee machines.
Since 2013, Moto have been slowly phasing out EDC in favour of new brands or to expand the number of M&S Simply Food stores across the network. The majority of EDC's trade continues to be breakfast sales, and the quieter restaurants now close entirely after 14:00.
LocationsEat & Drink Co. operate at most Moto service stations. They are:
- Birch (M62) (westbound only)
- Cherwell Valley (M40/A43)
- Exeter (M5)
- Frankley (M5) (northbound only)
- Hilton Park (M6)
- Knutsford (M6)
- Lancaster (M6) (northbound only) - with Lavazza Coffee
- Leigh Delamere (M4) (eastbound only)
- Reading (M4) (eastbound only) - with Lavazza Coffee
- Southwaite (M6) - with Lavazza Coffee
- Stafford (North) (M6) (northbound only)
- Tamworth (M42/A5)
- Thurrock (M25/A13/A282)
- Toddington (M1)
- Trowell (M1) (southbound only) - with Lavazza Coffee
- Wetherby (A1(M))
- Woolley Edge (M1) (northbound only) - with Lavazza Coffee
- Leeming Bar (A1) - uses EDC menu but not branding
- Birch (M62) (eastbound only)
- Blyth (A1(M)/A1)
- Bridgwater (M5)
- Burton-in-Kendal (M6) (northbound only)
- Chieveley (M4/A34)
- Doncaster (North) (M18/M180)
- Donington Park (M1/A42/A50)
- Dover Port (A20)
- Ferrybridge (M62/A1)
- Frankley (M5) (southbound only)
- Grantham North (A1)
- Heston (M4) (westbound only)
- Kinross (M90)
- Leigh Delamere (M4) (westbound only)
- Pease Pottage (M23/A23)
- Stirling (M9/M80)
- Trowell (M1) (northbound only)
- Washington (A1(M))
- Winchester (M3)
Views expressed in these comments are those of the individual contributor. They are moderated by Facebook.