No photos tagged with MRH. If you have one, why not
|Associated names:||BP, Esso, Texaco, Jet, Spar, Hursts|
|Predecessors:||Esso ROC, Malthurst, Pace, BP Connect|
|Headquarters address:||MRH Retail Customer Services|
PO Box 272
|Phone number:||0333 400 4114|
MRH is the largest operator of filling stations in the UK, and operate a large number of A-road services, as well as the forecourts at Maidstone and Thurrock. They were formed throughout the late 2000s and the early 2010s as a merge of two large forecourt operators, Malthurst and Pace.
Malthurst was a dealer group operating over 150 service stations in the UK, was one of the oldest and largest independent petrol retailers in the UK. Owned a number of larger service areas including the former Rainton site.
The Pace brand had a strong heritage in the UK motor fuels market having originally been developed by the motor industry entrepreneur Victor Gauntlett in the early 1970s. By the time that the brand was acquired by the Kuwait Petroleum group in 1986 it had a strong presence in the retail motor fuels market.
Kuwait Petroleum consolidated to form Kuwait Petroleum (GB) Ltd. KPGB then traded under the Q8 brand in its retail business and later as Q8 Fuelcare in its distributor sales business. In October 2004 KPGB was purchased by the joint venture company Refined Holdings Ltd, whereupon the company was renamed Pace Petroleum Ltd.
Under new ownership Pace Petroleum had already experienced growth with the acquisition in September 2005 of 60 Company-owned sites from Texaco.
- Abbey Heath (A11) - with Hursts
- Barnetby Top (A180)
- Barton Mills (A11) - with Hursts (southbound only)
- Barton Stacey (A303)
- Bilbrough Top (A64) - with Hursts
- Bolney (A23)
- Carcroft (A1) - with Hursts
- Chiverton Cross (A30) - with Snack and Shop
- Cobham (A2) - with On the Run
- Cornwall (A30) - with Spar
- Feering (A12) (northbound only) - with Hursts and Subway
- Foston (A1)
- Gate (A2) - with Hursts
- Hope under Dinmore (A49) - with Hursts
- Long Sutton (A17) - with Hursts
- Maidstone (M20) (forecourt only) - with Snack & Shop
- Milison's Wood (A45) - with Hursts
- Podimore (A303)
- Rufus Stone (A31) - with Hursts
- Stone Cross (A10) - with Hursts
- Sutterton (A17) - with Hursts and Wild Bean Cafe
- Swaffham (A47) - with Hursts
- Swallowfield (A33) - with Hursts
- Thirsk (A168)
- Thurrock (M25) (forecourt only) - with Snack & Shop
- Three Burrows (A30)
- West Cave (A63)