|Predecessors:||Petrol Express, Fuelforce|
|Successors:||Motor Fuel Group, BP|
A small UK based oil company which runs a network of petrol stations across the UK, including on major a-roads. Murco is a subsidiary of US based Murphy Oils. Most service stations are accompanied by Costcutter stores, and it is believed that they also own some equity in the Murco business.
Murco has expanded its UK presence by buying a number of A-road forecourt operators including 'Fuelforce' and in 2008 company 'Petrol Express' (operated 63 sites branded Texaco, BP and Esso), and re-branding and re-supplying with their own petrol products.
In September 2014, Murco were brought by Motor Fuel Group and all of their filling station sites are now operated by the Motor Fuel Group.
- Berkshire Down (A34) (southbound only)
- Gotherington Fields (A435)
- Symonds Yat (A40) (westbound only)
- Bickerstaffe (M58 J3)
- Binley (A46) (southbound only)
- Capel St Mary (A12) (northbound only)
- Ferriby (A63) (eastbound only)
- Newark (A1/A46) (eastbound only)
- Teddington Hands (A46) (southbound only)
- Thrussington (A46) (southbound only)
Please note that these lists are incomplete and focus largely on the a-roads already covered on this site.