View topic - Eat & Drink Co.

< return to Reviews

Please Note:

We are not affiliated with any of the services listed here, this is simply so that you can help others by posting reviews of the services.

All messages posted here will appear in the main site, so please refrain from posting discussions and send them to the relevant message board instead.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2011, 09:18 
Just checked bank statement from when we went up north for my grandads funeral.. we stopped at donnington we had 3 breakfasts for £35 which was expensive anyway.... THEY CHARGED US £350.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please check they dont overcharge you!

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011, 12:28 
No-poster

:( Absolutly disgusting!!! What more can i say. We were a family of four coming home after a lovely day out and we made the mistake of stopping at the Doncaster Moto to eat. We chose the EDC to eat at. Then we all opted for the fish and chips with a drink! The fish and chips didn't resemble the photo's of the fish and chips and didn't even resemble fish!! The chips were a colour that i have never seen chips before with literally no potato in the middle. We complained that we had never seen anything so bad ever and was told we could have it re-cooked if we liked, erm No thanks. We had a little dog at home that was crossing his legs so this wasn't an option. Also we had a Costa's and we've had plenty of them before in various places but never with floating black bits in it like at Doncaster. But for the priviledge of eating nearly inedible food we were charged nearly £35. Disgusted Disguste Disgusted we certainly won't be stopping there again. :(

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2011, 22:32 
Stopped to use the services southbound on the M6 on Friday, going to my friends wedding. As is usual, we stopped for a nice hearty breakfast, and decided to use the ECD resteraunt. I know it would be expensive as motorways always are - but I was surprised at the quality of the food - or rather lack of it. The drinks machines were not working so we had to queue for coffee and to pay at the drinks section. By the time we had done this the food was stone cold. The coke we ordered wasnt even real coke cola, the sausages were rock hard, bacon the same. The only nice thing was the hash brown and beans.
Needless to say we will not be using this service again and will stick to little Chef. At least you KNOW your getting a good quality meal there.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2011, 15:54 
Member & Site Owner

Sampled EDC at Winchester services yesterday. For snacks it's not too bad, we're used to the prices by now so as long as you go in expecting the worst (like I did) you'll probably be positively surprised.

Could have done with more table cleaning though - it wasn't particularly busy when I was there but most of the tables were dirty.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2011, 21:59 
We've just had two full English breakfasts at Toddington services on the northbound M1. I was looking forward to a Little Chef promised to me by the sat nav but it was not to be. My hopes were raised on sight of the EDC sign, crisp, clean with photos of a well presented, quality breakfast. The reality was somewhat different. As much as I don't wish to rely on the traditional sterotype of motorway service station cuisine, I have no other option. It was horrid! Limp hash browns, greasy overcooked, burnt egg (didn't know it was possible to destroy an egg in such a spectacular way!), soggy fried bread, cold, raw tomato and congealed beans. Yum yum. We stood in a queue for a good 20 minutes for this and were relieved of nearly £20. Although I'm not a fan of fast food, in this case I would strongly urge you to go to Burger King instead. EDC roughly translates as Eat Disgusting Cooking. Avoid it at all costs.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2011, 11:20 
Called Southbound at Toddington, EDC looked good, 2 breakfasts for £10, what a waste of money.
The food was the most disgusting slop I have ever had the misfortune of eating.
Nothing like the picture on the posters.
Cold shriveled bacon, dead tomatoes, congealed beans, greasy fried bread,
Next shock , get to the checkout, the £10 breakfasts had turned into £7.50 ones. Then an extra £3 for coffee, a joke.
Bad food, very unhelpful eastern european staff, polskis, horible experieance.

Next time EDC have a board meeting to decide how to rebrand again take a look at Mc Donalds, Burger King, actually any other food outlet I have visired, that how to do it.
Trading standards need to prosecute for uncompliance with the word food, what they advertise is not what you get.
SOUTHBOUND TODDINGTON.... KEEP GOING... :arrow:

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2011, 12:57 
I picked up two packs of sandwiches and took them to the counter...I was in so much shock when I was charged over £8.00 :shock: that I actually paid!

I would have felt that I only had myself to blame for accepting this ridiculous pricing...but on opening them later, (when the service station was far behind us) I found that the bread was stale!

As there was no sell by date anywhere to be found, I am not sure if they were old sandwiches or fresh ones made with stale bread...either way it made the £8.00 I'd paid quite sickening.

I fully intend to request a refund!

:!: :x :!:

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2011, 10:08 
Appalling Service and Food
Don't ever eat at the EDC at Knutsford services on the M6. My wife and I were delayed on the northbound M6 because of an accident and decided to stop off for something to eat just after 7pm. Unfortunately we chose the EDC. The English staff didn't have a clue and weren't interested in providing any service at all. Most things were "not available" and the so-called food that we eventually ate was over-priced, served luke warm and tastelesss. We have added this to our ever growing list of

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011, 17:56 
My wife & I called in to Reading services on Saturday 22nd Oct at 9pm on way home to Cardiff from Gatwick airport. We saw several large notices displayed advertising 2 meals for £10 with a choice of 5 selections. We selected the fish and chips. Sorry no fish! we will have the curry & rice then. Sorr y no rice! what about the all day breakfast? sorry no beans. Do you have any complete hot meals? Sorry no. Left wondering why they kept open with nothing to sell.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 16:33 
My husband and I found our eating experience in Reading disgusting! :(
The food was overcooked, half of it unavailable but worst of all the tables and floor were filthy. Surely, there should be a manager around to check on the areas. The young Polish lady we spoke to was trying to do everything and the so-called manager was chatting to someone in another department! We will not be recommending friends or family EDC for a good place to stop when they visit us.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next