Rowborough Garage offered a restaurant and petrol station by the side of the A429. Official services signs are provided on the main road.
COVID-19 update: Most service stations are open with fewer facilities. General advice here.
Trivia and History
The petrol station was branded Mobil, BP, and then Shell. It was built between 1955 and 1974, probably towards the end of that era. It was known locally as Rowborough Garage, named after the adjacent Rowborough (Roughborough) Farm.
The Stretton-on-Fosse branch of Little Chef opened here in 1976. It closed in about 2006, and became Cotswold Spice. This closed and became Cafe Bangla, then Pitstop Cafe, and is now used by Cotswold Cars.
The forecourt was broken into on 15 July 2019. A vehicle was used to ram the sales shop and did significant damage. The forecourt has been closed since, but Shell state this closure is only temporary.
A tired road sign on the A429 has several covered-up sections, as the facilities have changed over time. It continues to advise that accommodation is available.