A small petrol station providing the facilities missing at Cartgate. Townsend Garage is also a local recovery firm.
Forecourt: Shell, Shop, Havana Coffee
- Grid reference: ST497205
Trivia and History
The petrol station was first expanded in 1955, and redeveloped in 1968. In 1968 and 1989 there were plans to build a motel here.
In 1971 a restaurant was built next to the garage. In 1981 Little Chef planned to turn this into their Tintinhull branch, but by 1985 it was gone with no evidence of it having ever opened. It later became Jolly Diner, and then Diners Delight.
There is a secret exit onto Bearley Lane, which is even signposted as 'services' throughout.
|Podimore (4 miles)||Services on the A303||Cartgate (1 mile)|