Any comments you may wish to me, please leave them here and I will respond at my earliest opportunity.
Ive seen that the Costa is now open with drive thru as I pass it each morning and evening. I will get a picture tomorrow but I have edited the page explaining reopening. Thanks. NOAH1 (talk) 15:23, 19 April 2021 (UTC)
- Hey Noah,
- Thanks for the update. I was unsure whether the Costa had reopened but knew the InstaVolt EVCPs have now gone live.
- Rich (talk) 11:09, 20 April 2021 (UTC)
Sorry, didn't say or update but the Big Fish was open since late June. I do go past an awful lot, and even sat in the McDonald's opposite for 3 hours without updating it. Thanks NOAH1 (talk) 17:27, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
- No worries. I happened to spot it on Facebook.
- Rich 18:30, 3 August 2021 (UTC)
Rainton and Wolviston
Thanks for tidying my edits and introducing me to more information. Do you also have any more information or photos about who and why closed the Billingham Little Chef? Thanks again! NOAH1 (talk) 19:06, 13 August 2021 (UTC)
- Hey Noah,
- No problem. Bilingham Little Chef closed due to the increasing competition surrounding it at Wynyard Park and would've been deemed to have been an unprofitable site by the owners at the time.
- The only image I have seen of the Billingham branch is here.
- Rich 20:18, 13 August 2021 (UTC)
- I can only imagine it was down to the building not being to the correct design for KFC. It could've also been down to difficulties trying to wrap the drive-thru lane around the existing building, with demolition being the easiest option.
- Rich 20:52, 13 August 2021 (UTC)
Just a question, when a page refers to the term "rebuilt", does it mean demolished and a new building built or does it mean changed on the inside? Thanks NOAH1 (message wall) 17:11, 8 September 2021 (UTC)
- Hi Noah,
- We tend to use the term ‘rebuilt’ to describe a site when it has been fully demolished and replaced with new structures and buildings, with the term ‘refurbished’ used to describe an internal change.
- Hope this helps clarify things for you.
- Rich 17:30, 8 September 2021 (UTC)
Congrats on being on Radio 1! Is the show still on catchup to listen to?
- Hi Noah, thanks very much.
- If you missed it, or want to listen again, you can listen via the Scott Mills Daily podcast on BBC Sounds
- I currently have a soft spot for Rugby, although every service area has its own quirk and special features.
- Rich 08:50, 17 September 2021 (UTC)
Nice show! Guess the service station sounds right up my street.
And also I've been working on a project where I take a percentage of how many known former Little chefs have been demolished, counting rebuilt sites as seperate. My results were 20.85 %, but I class the accurate results as between 20 and 25 %, in case of error.