I'm still Johnny! I just renamed my account so that it links in with what I use on other websites.
If you have any trouble editing the Wiki or want to ask a question, feel free to leave me a note here. Please end your message with four tildes (~~~~) to add your name and the time. Johnathan404 14:37, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
Previous posts, debates and arguments have been archived.
- 1 Fleet WHSmith
- 2 Woodall Bridge
- 3 Annandale Water Services toilet refurbishment
- 4 Key On A-Road Services
- 5 Strensham Picture Problem
- 6 Updates on several services
- 7 Showing Direction of facilites
- 8 Julian Graves
- 9 Hamilton Services picture
- 10 Bolton West services restaurant counter.jpg
- 11 Annandale Water Services Toilet Refurbishment=
- It definitely has Costa Express. I didn't see a Krispy Kreme stand but then I wasn't looking for one, and there is definitely Krispy Kreme over the bridge. Johnathan404 (talk) 22:14, 14 January 2017 (GMT)
When I saw your edit about the BK/McD's scenario at Woodall with regards to the bridge (I apologise for not making that clearer; I know that Fleet will be the same when the bridge is re-connected to the southbound building), it reminded me of something. When I visited Woodall in 2015, there was a lot of work going on in the southbound building. This involved moving the toilets to an external portacabin next to the entrance and minimizing the size of the Waitrose store, I noticed that there was no bridge access to the other service area on the northbound carriageway. Do you know when this was reconnected? Thank you. Barnaby (talk) 20:17, 21 May 2017 (BST)
- I think you've been there more recently than me! It wasn't me who set it as being fully internal. I do know that by April 2016 it still hadn't been connected. Johnathan404 (talk) 17:29, 22 May 2017 (BST)
Annandale Water Services toilet refurbishment
In case you're wondering, the information I added about the proposed refurbishment is definitely true as Roadchef actually told me in an email, because I had submitted a complaint about the terrible state the gents were in.
Another thing that may be useful information is that there is a seating area opposite the toilet entrance/exits that is painted a very bright green, possibly hinting about a previous brand occupying that space.
- That's right (although Roadchef seem to be in a perpetual state of saying they're going to improve their toilets, this time they say they mean it). It has been a while since I've been to Annandale, but I believe the green was the restaurant Orchards. Johnathan404 (talk) 00:39, 2 June 2017 (BST)
- That's quite interesting. *Apparently* the manager sent her "maintenance team" down to the toilets to remove the mismatched signage and all, and I'll be able to check in July. The manager also offered me a free Costa Coffee and cake, which makes me think that they actually mean it.
Key On A-Road Services
When I made the A507 page I originally thought you did an error with the key code but you just didn't put it on A-Road pages with few services. I have put the short version on the new A-Road page. Should I keep it as the short version or change more pages to have the long version. Lc73 (talk) 10:02, 12 July 2017 (BST)
- It's only a short page, so it is fine without a key. A key would be twice as long as the page! Johnathan404 (talk) 16:39, 3 June 2017 (BST)
Strensham Picture Problem
I notice on the Strensham gallery, Oliver hyam and Rich have both posted almost the exact same pictures, with the exact same descriptions. It wastes space in the gallery and makes it look unprofessional, in a way. Could you possibly sort pictures out?
- They are different photos, although clearly very similar, which isn't surprising considering they were stood next to each other when they took it! You're right that we don't need both of them, but equally neither of them is doing any harm. Johnathan404 (talk) 00:14, 11 July 2017 (BST)
- Oh, I didn't know that! Sorry for causing any inconvenience =]
Updates on several services
I visited (or passed) several services areas on our very long road trip to Stoke-on-Trent. Each is different to a certain extent to how I found them last time I visited and how they are on the site.
The dodgy signage is still there, but the lettering has been removed. I made an effort to check the overflow seating area and there is a golden plaque announcing the opening date, and it features the former RoadChef logo. Also, some of the bodged up signage is peeling away, revealing either the old RoadChef logo or the Annandale Water logo.
Didn't actually visit these services, but judging by the state of the sliproad and totem pole, it's in a pretty woeful condition.
Burton-in-Kendal has gone through a large refurbishment recently, changing the EDC into an M&S, reflooring the entire site, refitting the toilets and replacing some signage. However, the 'Staff Only' door next to the entrance still features Granada signage!
Cairn Lodge / Happendon
Signage is messed up as hell, with a 'Cairn Lodge' logo on the northbound signage and a minimalist green castle on the southbound.
Hamilton has been recently refurbished to quite an extreme, but that doesn't stop them from vandalising the walls with laminated notices! The entrance doors are still emblazoned with 'RoadChef'.
Did not visit this site, but the (hideous) bridge is peeling back to Granada red.
All signage on the M6 still features Poplar 2000 branding, except from one sign on the northbound carrigeway.
- Are the signs you saw on the motorway or at the junction as if they are I think the Happendon page can be renamed to Cairn Lodge.
Showing Direction of facilites
I noticed on the Heartshed Moor page you changed the eastbound and westbound only display but only on the shops and motel (even though it does not show up so you have to write it separately). I think on these types of pages you should not change the design halfway through a page, to keep with not just the sites consistency but that pages consistency I was just wondering what you think and if we should change anything else to that format on that page or change it back or do something else or just leave it. Lc73 (talk) 20:39, 28 July 2017 (BST)
- Thank you for your opinion. I loathe the use of split lines for westbound and eastbound and have no plans to change the existing policy. Johnathan404 (talk) 20:48, 28 July 2017 (BST)
Should someone now mention on the services page Julian Graves was at (I have forgotten it) like how Fleet mentions Café Kenco.
Hamilton Services picture
Hi there, I noticed this photo is on the wrong page, as it is actually Bothwell. I can tell this because Hamilton no longer has the 'Welcome to Hamilton' signage which was placed on the left side of the entrance anyway, plus is also less wide at the front.
Also, I am going abroad via Newcastle airport which means we will be travelling via the A1, which could be pretty interesting.
- I don't understand because the picture you've linked to shows adverts and ordering points for McDonald's, which Bothwell doesn't have? Johnathan404 (talk) 17:56, 4 August 2017 (BST)
Bolton West services restaurant counter.jpg
Is this taken from "The Services" (that Peter Kay thing)? If so I have a slightly higher quality copy (in 576p video) and could cut any other stills out if you like --Quinny898 (talk) 00:00, 26 November 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, we are able to take a small number of low-resolution stills, ideally without any actors, for the purpose of commenting on the set. The same goes with any old film. Johnathan404 (talk) 20:55, 27 November 2017 (UTC)
Annandale Water Services Toilet Refurbishment=
I recieved an email from Kerry Gibson, Operations Manager at Annandale Water informing me that the toilets will be completely revamped starting on 11 December 2017 and being complete sometime during April 2018. Apparently the showers will be extended as well which will mean a possible reconfigurement of the toilets.
I'll be adding this to the page so customers know that the toilets will be shut.
- The toilets will not be shut. It is a phased refurbishment. While this is good news for fans of Annandale Water, I don't see that there's anything here we can use - this sort of thing happens all the time I'm afraid! Johnathan404 (talk) 15:14, 5 December 2017 (UTC)
- That's where you're very wrong. She told me they'll be REOPENING in April 2018 so they'll definitely be closed for a while. I don't want to start an argument, but I don't appreciate being put down when I have evidence from the manager of the place.
- I can assure you full toilet facilities will be available during the refurbishment work, which is in line with other projects around the country. If the plans haven't changed since the copy I've seen (which is in the public domain), the change will be noticed most at the entrance anyway. Johnathan404 (talk) 18:56, 5 December 2017 (UTC)
- Please note I recieved the email yesterday. Here it is.
I have been passed your comments through from our support office regarding the toilets.
The development works are going to begin on the 11th December and we, are hoping to have this finished by April 2018.
The toilets will be getting a full refurb along with the addition of extra showers.
Thank you for continuing to stop off at our site and I do hope that you will continue to stop over at Annandale when you are travelling up and down the motorway.
Kind regards Kerry Gibson
If you're referring to a whole site refurbishment, I've heard nothing about that and it's quite interesting.
- Thank you for this. I can't see anything to suggest the toilets will be closing for four months so I stand by my comments. It sounds like a standard refurbishment scheme. Johnathan404 (talk) 20:00, 6 December 2017 (UTC)