Services on the A40
Below is a list of all the signposted services on the A40, covering the road between Oxford and Raglan.
OxfordAt Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX33 1LJ. (Location Map)
Starbucks, WHSmith and the filling station are open 24 hours
Full details: Oxford
Welcome Break services at J8a of the M40, where the A40 becomes a minor road. The main London-Oxford road bypasses this junction, but there is still signed access to the services.
EynshamBetween Oxford and Cheltenham, Oxfordshire, OX29 4EN. (Google Maps)
The westbound filling station is open 24 hours
MRH operate the westbound filling station
Tesco operates the eastbound filling station
Symonds YatAt Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, HR9 6DP. (Google Maps)
This site is open 24 hours
Full details: Symonds Yat
Two sites located between Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye on the shared A40/A449 carriageway with the eastbound side being a former First owned truckstop.
MonmouthAt Monmouth, Monmouthshire, NP25 4BG. (Google Maps)
The fuel facilities, Spar shop and Subway are open 24 hours
Full details: Monmouth
A large, dual-sided service area on the shared A40/A449 between Newport and Monmouth, once owned by Granada and recently reopened by Euro Garages.
The following icons may be used on this page:
- services are eastbound only (N = northbound, W = westbound, S = southbound)
- the services are accessed off a junction
- there are two services, on either side of the road
- some facilities open 24 hours
- the services completely close at night
- no HGV parking is available
- further information available on this link
- the services are actually part of a motorway service area
- the services are actually part of a truckstop